Why Work With Me?
I offer clients a personal freelance experience when they choose to work with me. By using clear communication and a personal passion for each project, I strive to create the best possible experience for your project. As a consultant, I provide cost-effective and compelling freelance web design, marketing services, graphic design and event management for businesses, non-profits and educational institutions.
Get in touch
I know that finding the right person to help with a project is a choice not to be taken lightly. That’s why I offer free consultations to walk you through your needs, your goals, and your budget.
Leigh A. Whittier
From working at the well respected Public Policy Institute of California to opening her own consulting business in 2009, Leigh has worked with a variety of clients large and small for over 20 years. Leading an award winning web redesign project in 2007, Leigh strives to provide that same planning and dedication to all her clients. Working in the online industry and managing events since the first internet boom, Leigh has hands-on experience with how technology affects the creative industry. Staying ahead of the frequent changes is Leigh’s sixth sense.
•Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, InDesign
•Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
•Content Management Systems (CMS): WordPress, SquareSpace, Weebly, Wix, ExpressionEngine, Joomla
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA CRUZ
Certification in Web Design and Development, 2010
B.A., Marketing and Psychology, 1992
Areas of Expertise
• Web content development, design, and analysis.
• User interface design – information architecture, wireframing and usability testing.
• Web and print graphics – design and produce web graphics. Print graphics range from advertisements to brochures to promotional items.
• Email marketing – design, development, and management of email marketing campaigns.
• Brand strategy – ensure continuity of company products and designs.
• Social Media – customization of Facebook pages, Twitter, online video/YouTube, and interactive features.
• Event Management – full coordination of events from start to finish. Small meetings to large conferences to tradeshows.
• Professional communication skills – expert at working with management and technical staff. Act as liaison between designers, programmers, and management to bring a project to completion.